Monday, April 14, 2008

Summer already?

What a beautiful weekend we had! We decided it was really time to get the yard ready for spring! Gracie and I potted some flowers while Mike and Cole worked on the fence they are building around the pool, and Joey was fascinated by the dirt. It kept him entertained for hours! Cole woke up that morning before anyone else and when I came out he was sitting on the couch with his "work-a-do" overalls on and said he was ready to work with Dad! "I'm gonna help him build the fence" I hope he always wants to work with Dad!

After the flowers were all planted the kids started getting hot and decided it was time for a swim. I cleaned the sandbox out and filled it with water and they had a blast! We ended the night with a BBQ and roasting marshmallows in the fire pit! Summer felt like it was right around the corner!

On Sunday Mike decided he was going to tackle another huge project that we need to get done. The cottonwood tree has to go! When the cotton starts dropping in late May/early June it is like Snow in the summer. It's such a nuisance. So he climbed the tree with is chain saw and started going to town. His plan it to leave enough tree for a really cool tree house. We'll see. After bringing down the first three huge branches successfully the fourth crashed into the fence. Another thing to add to our list today! The neighbors were all so excited they didn't care how much fence came down! They were all standing by willing to lend a hand! Well the tree is half way down. The really hard stuff remains. But I will post some pictures when it's all done! The kids were a little scared when Daddy was in the tree, and I have to say I was too. So we all decided to pray that Daddy would not get hurt! With the sun going down and the fence repaired we called it a day! I think we were all exhausted! So it was quite a weekend! And then we woke up today to rain. Weird weather!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Emma said...

It was super nice yesterday! I wish I hadn't felt so crummy. I ended up going down town to see Chad's parents though, I told them I would earlier in the week and they hadn't seen Avery for two weeks, so we went down and went for a Jeep ride, so we still had fun. Today Avery has a fever though. She woke up at 3:30 this morning burning up, and it still hasn't gone away, so we're hanging out at home today. Love the pictures!!

Jeff Haynes said...

Whew sounds like quite the weekend!!! Glad to see you guys are having fun!! thanks for your comment!

Colleen said...

Joe Joe looks like he was in pure heaven in the outdoors all day.
~~Weena~~

Hughes Family said...

Summer? We are still waiting spring. Looks like you had a good weekend. Can't wait for berg to explore the great out doors.

Becky Avella said...

We're having weird weather here, too. Snow on Wednesday, 80 degrees by Sunday and now we are bacck to wind and rain. Then this Friday it is supposed to be in the 70's and then snow on Sunday. Ugh!!!

We are supposed to have a BBQ w/ 33people here on Sunday and after all of this beautiful weather, the one day we picked is supposed to snow! I'm praying that the weather men are all wrong and it will be another beautiful weekend again.

Glad you guys had fun!
Becky

P.S. My ultrasound is today. : )

The Jernigan Family said...

We started our garden too! We had one nice day and then rain...of course! I am not much of a garden person, but Jeramy went to town planting his garden. My mom laughed at me that she never thought she would see the day that I would be weeding. But the first sign of a worm, I screamed and was done. :o) Guess Sage will have to garden with her Daddy! Cute pictures!! Love ya