The middle picture is after his three matches! What a fighter! :) Bottom left is weighing in and bottom right is waiting to get started!Cole's first wrestling tournament! Actually it was a practice tournament, but to him it was the real deal! We got up early and headed to Walla Walla where he weighed in at a whopping 52 pounds! He wrestled a group of 5/6 year old boys who weighed from 50-75 pounds. I think they tried to keep the smaller one's in the group together because they all looked like they weighed about the same. It was nice because they set it up so the kids wrestled three other kids in three one minute rounds. Even if they got pinned they got to get up and try again! The first match Cole got pinned three times, went straight to his back. It was pretty funny to watch. The next match he did a little better but still got pinned. This video is from the last match where, although he got pinned, he fought hard! I know the video is a little long, but totally worth watching! There is one part in the video where he waves to me and it just cracks me up! The look on his face is priceless! He is loving every minute of it! I thought after he got pinned every time he may not like it so much, but he says he loves it and is having fun and right now that is all that matters! Mike was so intense, it makes me laugh! It was like Cole was wrestling for the state championship! He was one proud Dad after that last match though! :)










4 comments:
Yup, you're right...the part where he sees you and waves is priceless! I admire you guys for waking up early and heading to Walla Walla! Wow, what we do for our kids. Good job, Coley! We will try to come see you at a match one day soon!
Oh how fun! Luke and Jake have the first tournament on Saturday. I can't wait for it now!
So much fun - and so much energy! I love Cole's wave, and the random cart wheel by the red jersey!
Good job Coley!! Katy this is the most precious time of your life! Whatever your kids do they will know that you and Mike will be there cheering them on.What a great video. I hope there is a way to save it for posterity. I hope I can go to a match soon.
Post a Comment