Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Summer Fun!


Summer has been flying by! I finally got a chance to put my pictures on the computer and didn't realize how much had gone on that I hadn't had a chance to blog about! We have had a great time getting together with family and friends! Here are a few pictures to catch you up!

Roasting marshmallows in the outdoor fireplace is one of the kids favorite things to do! Last week we did it to "practice" for our camping trip with Chris, Andrea, Hannah and Payton this coming weekend!
I love these pictures! That's Joey and Mallory on the bottom right! Joey and Payton on the bottom left! Joey absolutely adores Payton, he would do anything for her! I love the look on his face in this picture! Eli is getting so big! He is 11 months old! Last weekend we went to Vancouver and spent a few days with my cousin Dawn and her kids and it was so much fun! Thanks Dawn!!!

Dawn and her kids came to my house for about 5 days and we all had a great time swimming and playing! Gracie and Dakota found this little tiny frog that they were letting crawl all over them! YUCK!! I told Gracie and Dakota that they were going to end up with warts all over! Hannah didn't like the frog unless she was standing a few feet away!

Of course most of the kid's time was spent in the pool! I'm so glad we have it!

Berg, Lilly and Mo came down for about three days a few weeks ago too and joined in on the fun! Berg and Joey are only about 9 days apart and Cole and Lilly are 10 days apart! The picture on the top left is of Eli and Ben, my cousin Becky's little guy! Becky, Pat and their girls got to come down for an overnight visit too! We are so blessed! Summer is quickly coming to an end, but we still have a few weeks of fun left!

5 comments:

The Jernigan Family said...

oh my gosh, I about screamed when I saw that frog on Gracie's head....I am totally freaked out by frogs! Yuck! Looks like you guys have been super busy, you must be worn out! It is always nice spending time with family! Ok It is our turn next becaue I miss you guys!!

Love Mia
PS. I CANNOT believe how big Eli is! What a cutie!!

Ali said...

I love that picture of the frog on Gracie's head, and the way Hannah is standing away from them in all the pictures. And the way Gracie is making Dakota hold her in the pool...that girl is something else! Love her - and ALL your kids! Great pictures, Katy! I love that you get to spend time with your cousins and their kids...you'll remember these times for years to come. Had fun with you yesterday!

Emma said...

That is one tiny froggy! have fun camping! I'll miss ya, but hopefully I'll get to see you guys soon after you come back :) Love you!

Blog Administrator, Karen L. Brahs said...

I love the pic of Gracie and the frog! lol It reminds me of your Mom and me - we used to hunt for salamanders at Muriel's then bring them home. Of course, they didn't last long because of the heat! lol We tied a string to one so it wouldn't get away and put it in the flower bed where it was damp and cool. Our old dog, Buck, found it and gently picked it up and carried it around until we discovered he had it! It was just fine! lol

Jani said...

I like your idea to "practice" roasting marshmallows before your trip... you can never get too good at toasting them to perfection. Jeff and I are excited to do some family camping next summer! Have fun!