Last weekend we went up to Mt. Rainier and camped at Ohanapecosh. It is so beautiful up there and we always have so much fun! We went with our friends Chris and Andrea and their girls Hannah and Payton. The kids had a blast, riding bikes, getting dirty, hiking and just having a good time. Here are some pictures of our weekend.
During one of our campfires Mike had to show everyone one of his experiments. Water in a paper cup set in the middle of a burning hot fire doesn't burn up! The water eventually boils and the cup just sits there among the flames. Everyone was pretty impressed! Leave it to Mike to show us something cool!
Gracie and Hannah had a lot of fun together. They completed a Jr. Ranger packet doing various things around the camp and got to take the Jr. Ranger oath before they left the campground. I think Gracie's favorite part was the campfire and smores! I would have been sick eating that many marshmallows!
Cole cracked us up as he was getting his Jr. Ranger badge. The ranger asked the kids if they should ever feed the animals and Cole of course said my Dad did! LOL Then when she asked if they saw any animals he said "ya we found a chipmunk and my Dad made a trap to try and catch it!" Oh my gosh, I think my face turned bright red! But yes they did have fun trying to catch the chipmunks, don't worry we never caught one!
Joey was the first one to spot the chipmunk going into the trunk of a big tree! He was so amazed! He and Payton had a great time riding their bikes together and causing a lot of campground trouble! :)
Oh Eli.... he is at that age where it's hard to take him camping because he is crawling everywhere and doesn't want to be contained! I though that by bringing some baby gates and a tarp we could make him a little cage, but he wanted nothing of it! We finally decided that we may as well just let him down in the dirt and he was in Heaven! He had so much fun roaming the campsite, eating dirt and who knows what! But hey a dirty baby is better than a screaming baby right?!










3 comments:
I am cracking up at Cole...leave it to him to be brutally honest! I am so glad you guys had fun with your friends. Love you!
You should be so lucky to have such an honest young man as a son LOLOLOL. Glad you had fun!
I loooooooovvvvvve the new family picture. You guys are all so cute.
Post a Comment