Thursday, September 11, 2008

Welcome to our Crazy life baby Elijah!

A few short days before you entered our life!

He's here! Elijah Scott Isley born 9/9/08 on his Great Grandpa Shaffer's birthday! Weighing in at a whopping 9# 12 oz (just give me credit for 10!) and 20 1/2 inches long! He looks like his brothers and sister! Blonder at birth than they all were, but the same in the face! Cute as a button I must say! I'm so glad to be home with him. He had a little trouble at first with low blood sugars, which is pretty normal with a large baby, and the cord was around his neck so he was pretty blue for a while, but all is well now! I can't believe even after four babies what a miracle each one is. God is so good! He is peeking at me now with his big blue eyes so I'm going to make this short! Thank you all for your prayers for me and Elijah! We sure could feel them. Here are a few pictures, and I'm sure I will be updating them often!


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Ali said...

Oh Katy - he is soooooo cute! I just want to hold him right now! He does look a lot like the other kids...yesterday I said Gracie, but now maybe I'm thinking more like Coley? Who knows...

Anyway, I just wish I could give you a great big hug and tell you I love you and I'm proud of you! Congratulations on your newest treasure. Hope to see you soon! Love to all the kids and Mike...

Ali

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

Congrats Katy! He is so so cute! I hope you all are adjusting and enjoying your new blessing! :)

Colleen said...

He's such a chunk of love!! I think he looks alot like Joe Joes. I didn't know it was Gumps B-Day...that's pretty neat! I am glad you are home now and all is well. I hope things are nice and calm and relaxing for you! (ya right LOL) Maybe we'll come see ya this weekend sometime but I'll let ya know. Hugs and kissed for you guys.

Julaine said...

Congrats Mike and Katy....Every single time it's completely amazing all over again isn't it!
Praying for quick recovery and healthy days ahead for both of you.

Becky Avella said...

Congratulations Katy! I'm so glad your wait is over.

Hey what's the big idea about beating me, though!?! I had bragging rights because Karissa was 9 lbs. 9 oz. Guess I have to turn over the bragging rights to you now. : )

Hope you get lots of rest.

Love,
Becky

Jeff Haynes said...

He is absolutely beautiful!!!! There is nothing else to say you have added another wonderful child to your great family.

Emma said...

I love you guys. Eli doesn't know how lucky he is to have such great parents. Can't wait to see him again! Hope you are getting at least a little rest?! We'll see you soon I'm sure.

Amanda said...

Congratulations. He is beautiful. But holy cow Katy he was a big baby. But, knowing you ...you will be all skinny in about 2 weeks. :o). I hope all continues to go well for you both.

The Jernigan Family said...

So you suck! you don't get stretch marks, even with a 10 pound baby and you look great right after! He is so cute and HUGE...I think Sage weighed 10 months when she was 5 months old...I am glad you guys are home and he is back in your arms! Can't believe you and Rachel both had boys...I think the cake jinxed us! but what a wonderfully awesome blessing!