We had a really fun weekend, which went way to fast! We decided that it was time to get rid of the carpet in our main bathroom on Saturday. Carpet in bathrooms especially with little boys just doesn't work. So after a year of living here you can guess, it was time! So we didn't know exactly what to expect under the carpet, but we were hoping it was doable until we could buy some new flooring. It was pretty 70's I tell ya! Bright green, which really matched the tub well! The kids thought it was pretty cool and after it was all cleaned up it really doesn't look bad, other than it's ugly, but in good shape and clean, no pee smell in there anymore thank goodness! There was tack strip around the whole edge so there are little nail/staple holes in it, but it will work for now!
Later that day we went to a friends for a BBQ and to watch the UFC Fight. It was great seeing our friends Zac and Mandy and their son Cael, he is such a cutie! Sunday morning we woke up and went to church in Mabton, to make the most of the drive we decided to stay the night up at Mimi and Pappy's. The kids have been missing them a lot since we can't get up there as much as we like to (gas ugh). We BBQ'ed there some salmon and halibut my Dad had caught in Alaska last fall! It was great! The kids played with their cousins, ran in the sprinklers (sorry I forgot my camera) and had a blast! Monday we had a pretty relaxing day, Mike got to go golfing with some friends, and I got to visit with my Mom and Sister. We played some rummy with Dad and beat him bad! LOL Sorry Dad! Later that afternoon Em and I and the kids headed to Prosser where we went to some friends from church's for another BBQ. Again it was great and the food was great and being with our church family is always great! I really wish I wouldn't have forgotten my camera! Here is a picture of the group at the BBQ on Monday! So the weather held out, we ate a lot, got to visit family and friends and just had a great weekend!
Oh and I can't forget to add these! In continuation of the Joey climbing story. Friday morning Cole and I made some brownies and then I had to "quickly" step outside to check a sprinkler. While I was out, Joey climbed up on the chair that Cole had been using and helped himself to the batter bowl! Yum yum! When I came in he had the biggest smile on his chocolate covered face! What a kid!










5 comments:
Okay, I first have to say - I really like the green floor! Serioiusly. I love the color green, though, so...
I'm so glad you got to spend time with your family. I know you've really been missing everyone.
And Joey! My goodness! Those pics are priceless! Love ya!
Love the pictures of Jo Boy. He's such a little trouble maker lol. Avery had a lot of fun with him last weekend!! You should put that video up of the kids running through the sprinkler from Mike's phone!! That was hillarious!
I am so sad that we live so far away! I love playing cards and games with you guys! I still remember that game of Monopoly at your grandparents where your dad was the "slum lord" and the rest of the family was trying to watch a movie, but we were laughing so hard they kept yelling at us!
When I first saw the picture I thought Mike was on the toilet..lol. Not too bad a floor, 70's stuff is making a come back!
You better hope you have a girl! :o) Miss you guys!!
Mike looks clueless as usual!!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!
I'm glad you had a great weekend. It sure looks like fun!
Post a Comment