Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring Break!

It's been a while and I have some catching up to do so hold on to your shorts here I go! :)
Over spring break my sister Emily her three kids, myself and my four kids, my cousin Dawn and her three kids and my cousin Mo and her two kids (yes that's four adults and twelve kids if you were having trouble adding all that up) headed to Lincoln City for the week! Aunt Barb was so awesome in getting us two three bedroom condos at her Worldmark resort! Thanks Aunt Barb!! It was a crazy week with all those kids, but we all had a great time! The weather was HORRIBLE unfortunately but we made the best of it! We had one beautiful sunny day (well mostly sunny, at least we made it to the beach) and many rainy days where we had to find things to do inside. We ran out the door every time the sun peeked out behind the clouds! The kids swam a lot in the rain which didn't bug them one bit! Hot baths were taken often! One event I don't think the kids or I will ever forget was getting caught in a hail storm on the beach! It was pretty scary and I think Cole and Joey thought we were going to die! I had to laugh so I didn't cry! Just my kids and I had gone down onto the beach because the weather seemed to be holding steady for the moment and the kids were so excited when we got down to the beach! They were smiling and running and had just kicked off their flip flops when out of nowhere it started hailing and the wind picked up and was blowing about 50 mph! Their smiles quickly turned to panic as I screamed RUN! I scooped up Eli and started running back towards the stairs that led up to our condo. We ducked behind an cliff to try and get out of the hail and so I could gather all the kids together. Then we ran! Joey lost a flip flop and I had to practically drag him through the gravel, and of course we forgot a key so we had to go all the way around the resort. Joey was screaming and crying, Gracie was so soaked that her pants were falling down and Cole kept looking at me with this panicked look "Mom are we going to die?" Like I said before I just had to laugh or I would have probably cried! Anyway, we finally made it back to the condo soaking wet and freezing cold! Hot baths again! :)
I think my favorite part of each day was 8:00! Bedtime!! :) Dawn, Mo, Em and I were able to take a deep breath and just hang out and visit! It was a great end to each day! I didn't get to many pictures but here are a few that I took! The kids loved the pool! One time Eli even decided to climb in the tub with all his clothes on! Woops! :)
This day made the whole trip worth it! The beach was so much fun! The wind was blowing a little and it wasn't exactly warm, but the sun was shining and the kids were smiling!

The resort had a little park which we took advantage of a few times!

One day Em and I had to get out of the condo so we went down to Newport to the aquarium there. It was really fun and the rain even stopped so we could go outside and check out the outdoor animals!
Thank you Dawn and Mo for including us in your fun week! I hope our kids didn't scare you off and we can do it again next year!

2 comments:

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

This makes me so excited for our trip to Rockaway in June. Hopefully we'll have gorgeous weather and we girls can just sit and watch the kids play and have a great time together. I'm really hoping that we don't get a 50 mile an hour wind or hail. I don't think I could run fast enough. lOL

Ali said...

I am cracking up at the picture of Eli in the tub with his clothes on! LOL! I am so happy you guys got to do this fun thing on spring break...it will surely be something you'll never EVER forget!