Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Joey?!! And Eli's yummy dinner!

Today Joey sat behind the couch and ripped up a cardboard box then brought it to me in little pieces and said "This is for my birfday. I'n gonna brin it to my pardy and then it's gonna be on fire and i'n gonna blow it out!" LOL so all day Joey was convinced that it was his birthday. I don't know how many times I tried to throw the pile of ripped up cardboard in the garbage and he would say "No Mom, that's for my birfday pardy!" So when Mike got home Joey said it was time to go to his party! He was happy to take it outside and burn it in the fire pit. We had to sing happy birthday to JoJo! When we asked him how old he was he said 2! LOL That kid cracks me up!

The past few nights Eli has been refusing to eat! I try and give him a bite and he just screams! I get frustrated and give up and he drinks his milk and is off. Well I thought it was a matter of him being picky. Tonight when we sat down to eat dinner and I tried to give him a bite again, he screamed his head off. I said "fine here then do it yourself" handed him the fork and he was happy as could be! He ate more than all his siblings combined I think! I think it's so frustrating when they don't know how to talk and can't tell you what they want, but man it must really be frustrating to him! So I think he filled his tummy good tonight! Giving over that control was hard, it really just makes a big mess and is more for me to clean up, but that's part of being a Mom and part of growing up I guess! :)

3 comments:

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

Joe really was convinced it was his birthday wasn't he? How funny. I loved Eli's food dance. Reminds me of his dad and the dances he used to do in my kitchen when I'd cook spaghetti before you guys were married. I miss those dances Mike. LOL

Emma said...

Maybe joe is like Mike, except instead of just a birthday month, he has a birthday half year... Smart kid. And I'm going to have to remember the rock thing for a birthday present. I actually think Avery would be excited about a rock LOL. Eli is a big eater!! Messes stink, but hey, whatever keeps the kids from screaming right? lol

Ali said...

Happy Birthday, JoJo! Auntie Ali says it can be your birthday whenever you want it to be. :)

OH MY GOSH, when you said he makes a mess, you were right! I love how Eli picks up his bowl and holds it to his face...as if more food is going to magically appear or something. LOL! Love your kids!