Monday, November 23, 2009

What a Vacation!!

What an amazing week we had last week! My Mom and Dad took my entire family to Palm Springs and Disney Land for Christmas! We did it early so we could beat the holiday crowd! It was such a fun time for us. We left last Saturday morning flew down to Palm Springs where we stayed in a house with a hot tub and a pool! The kids swam non-stop while we were there! On Monday morning we woke up early and drove to Disney Land! The kids had no idea where we were headed (we told them we were going to a really cool water park!) When we got there they were so surprised and so excited! We spent Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday hopping from Disney Land to California Adventure! We drove back to Palm Springs on Wednesday night and played around until we had to leave on Saturday afternoon! We were even able to see Granny and Pa and their new house while we were down there! It was a trip we will never forget! Thank you Mimi and Pappy for such a priceless gift! My pictures are all out of order because I can't figure out how to get them in order, but oh well, at least they are still on here!
On Friday we took a Gondola ride up the mountain right outside of Palm Springs. It was amazing! The kids thought the ride up and down was pretty fun! I think it was something like 8500 feet up! Beautiful from up there! We went to the World War II Air Museum in Palm Springs. Gracie had been begging us to take her since she spotted it when we landed on Saturday! It was very very neat, we were able to go inside of B-27 with a guide who told us all sorts of neat facts that amazed me! It's really amazing all of the brave men who sacrificed their lives for our freedom! Thank you!

At Disney Land! Gracie's favorite thing was meeting Tinkerbell! She was so excited!
We stood in line for about 45 minutes to meet with the princesses! I think Joey liked it more than any of my other kids! He just couldn't get enough of them. He hugged them and wouldn't let go! Belle was the most beautiful he said and she just loved him right back! He actually bent to kiss Sleeping Beauty's hand! What a Ladies Man!
Mimi and Pappy spoiled the kids rotten! They all got their faces painted one day and it looked sooo neat! Of course it took me until Friday to convince them that it was time to wash them off! They were painted on Tuesday! :)
I wanted to put this up first, but oh well! This is Gracie and Cole's reaction when they realized where we were going! PRICELESS!!
The kids spent ALOT of time in the hot tub and pool at the house in Palm Springs. The weather was absolutely perfect!

A few more pics of the kids and some of the characters. It amazed me that what they talk about now is not the rides, but the characters that they got to meet!


I asked the kids what their favorite things were and Gracie said "Meeting Tinkerbell, the Tiki Room and the Princess and the Frog show!" Cole said "I wish they never made Space Mountain, then I wouldn't have had to go on it!" LOL "My favorite thing was the Screaming California Roller Coaster that I didn't get to go on" LOL "Okay Cole but what was your favorite thing that you got to do or see?" "Small World!" Joey said "The airplane!" LOL He was pretty excited about everything that we did that he was able to go on! Cole really really didn't like anything at all that was dark. Gracie was always willing to try every ride but after she would say "That was really fun but I don't want to do it again!" Eli well... considering that he was sick for most of the trip, poor guy, I think he was just glad to finally be home! LOL

6 comments:

Ali said...

Wow...I am just so happy you got to experience the joy of this vacation! Your parents are so amazing and generous! Love, love, love the pics of Joey with the princesses...and the painted faces and the quotes of the "favorite thing". Great post, Katy! Can't wait to hear more about it when I call you later!

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

Great pictures katy. It makes me want to go back already. Too bad, though, that Googles butt is in your family picture. LOL

Nedra said...

Katy...
You did & do a awesome job with "all" your pictures and comments. I love being able to see your children so excited and love those smiling faces!!!.:) It was sure sweet of your folks to give your family such a special Christmas gift. :) I'm sure your memories of Disneyland and etc. will last for many years to come. I can still remember every trip I took as a child...even at my age!!! LOL!!!

I'm sure you were shocked when you saw a comment from me!!! I guess now I probably owe your sister and Ali one!!! :)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Love & Hugs...Nedra :)

Emma said...

your blog still isn't updating on mine for some reason... anyway!! So glad we got to spend time with you guys that entire week! I promise I'll get you a disc with pictures on it soon!! Love you!

The Jernigan Family said...

I know it is weird that yours isn't updating on mine either and mine isn't updating on Emily's etc. I wonder how long these blogs last for? I need to print mine at the end of the year just in case. Looks like you guys had an amazing time! It is so neat that the kids are so close in age that they are able to enjoy everything together, and so fortunate to have your parents! Can't wait to talk to you and see how the plane and airport went. Love ya!

Elaine said...

Wow Katy what an amazing gift from your parents! You are truly blessed with generous family and great times together. Awesome!