Monday, May 4, 2009

Shoe Box Derby

Last week Mike and Cole made a derby car from a shoe box! Cole's preschool class was hosting a shoe box derby! Cole had a great time making the car with his Dad, and I think Dad had a great time too! Here are some pictures of the making of the car and of the big event. They had to be able to push and pull the car and had four different stations to visit. They had to weigh their car, run in a "drag race" where they drug the car behind them while they ran, run through and obstacle course and of course send their car down the ramp! Cole's car worked great and looked great!

8 comments:

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

Wow. Talk about right up Cole's alley. I bet he thought he was so cool. I love his new crooked smile that he has been using in all the pictures. Kind of reminds me of when Charlie used to always close his eyes when he said cheese. LOL

The Jernigan Family said...

I can just picture Mike helping, I bet he had more fun than Cole, if I didn't see that big proud smile on Cole's face. Love Love Love the new family pictures. You sick of Razor Clams yet? Get them all cleaned? We gave them all to my dad for his birthday...he loves them, guess we will have to make it a tradition! Love ya

The Jernigan Family said...

PS Gracie looks almost as all as you in that picture!

Colleen said...

I'm loving Coles little "to the side" half smile thing!! It's cracking me up! What a gooba, but a very lovable gooba!

Heidi said...

Looks like Cole and Daddy had lots of fun!

Ali said...

What an awesome looking car! Mike is just the right guy to help do something like that...and everyone else is right about Coley's crooked smile! What a crazy boy! Oh, and I, too, love the new family pic! Super cute!

Emma said...

That car was AWESOME. What's up with Coleslaw's new smile? lol. Cracks me up.

Blog Administrator, Karen L. Brahs said...

Looks like you guys had a great time at the beach! I envy you! Cool car, Coley! Liam just built his first Cub Scouts pinewood derby car and raced it last week, too. I think Mia's right about the Dad's having more fun than the kids! lol