Well it's time, this may take me a while, but I guess with my 100th post I am supposed to put up 100 things about me! I'm starting now, but may not finish for a while so here I go!
1. My full name is Katherine Marlene (after Nana)
2. I am 32 years old
3. I have four beautiful children!
4. My oldest is my only daughter Gracie!
5. I was married a month before my 21st birthday!
6. I married my high school sweetheart Mike Isley
7. He is still the love of my life!
8. I had my first baby at 25.
9. I am a nurse
10. Joey is asking for juice right now! :)
11. I'm very very sad about Jon and Kate (it was my favorite show, and I feel so bad for those kids)
12. I love my family and would do anything for them!
13. I'm excited about our 4th of July party that we have done every year since we moved into our house.
14. We have lived in this house for 2 years!
15. Joey has to go pee pee!
16. I'm potty training Joey and he is doing great!
17. I have to go now to help at Gracie's school where I help for an hour once a week!
18. I love the thought of Financial Peace!
19. We started Dave Ramsey's financial Peace University tonight ( have done it before and it's awesome!)
20. I love our bible study group! Such wonderful people who are all so special to us!
21. I love reality TV
22. We have a swimming pool and we love it!
23. I love Jesus
24. I hope Jesus comes back to his church home before my kids are teenagers!
25. I miss my Papa (can't wait to see him again)!
26. Even though we only live 35 miles from where we lived two years ago, I feel like it's a thousand miles away sometimes.
27. I showed steers, horses, pigs, and even stupid sheep (one time and one time only) while I was growing up. Sorry lamb lovers, I think they are so dumb....Really makes me laugh when Jesus calls us his sheep, we really are dumb aren't we.
28. I miss riding horses and secretly hope that I will have a horse again someday!
29. I realize now how much time and money my parents spent on my love of horses when I was growing up because I want to do the same for my daughter, I have the time but no money. (Someday!!!) Thanks Mom and Dad!
30. I have one sister Emily who I love and adore! She is an amazing person!
31. I love 8:00pm. BEDTIME! Time to relax and do whatever I want with out anyone saying "Mooooooooom"! :)
32. I love to scrapbook
33. I look forward to October every year when I go scrapping with my friends! :)
34. I haven't scrap booked since last October! Oh my.....
35. I have a lot of catching up to do! :)
36. I love to take pictures of my kids and lock those special moments in time!
37. I walk 5 miles 3-4 days a week with my friend Andrea pushing a stroller with two kids. She has one on her back and two in the stroller... she is amazing!
38. I love my the spontaneous hugs and I love yous I get from my kids!
39. I love hearing my kids laugh!
40. I love listening in on Gracie's conversations with her friends... they are so funny and innocent I hope that doesn't go away!
41. I love Cole's passion for cooking.
42. I love how much my kids love their Daddy and how much he loves them.
43. I love to watch the kids with their Dad when they don't know I'm watching!
44. I love my husbands laugh!
45. I love how my husband can make anyone laugh!
46. Did I mention that I love my husband? LOL
47. I have never had a broken bone.
48. I have never had surgery.
49. I'm wondering how I'm going to come up with 50 more facts about me ( sorry if I'm boring you! :)
50. I love to go camping with Mike and the kids!
51. Okay my sister says I'm a big goober, she is IM'ing me now...guess I know it's true! :)
52. I love facebook and when I get on the time seems to stand still! (Actually time continues and the laundry piles and the dishes don't get done! LOL )
53. I really think that every kid you have doubles the amount of laundry that you do!
54. I hate to dust!
55. My sister and I did not get along when we had to live together.....well if your sister ripped the heads off your dolls and killed your kitten would you? LOL
56. I have wanted to be a Mommy for as long as I can remember. But I didn't realize at the time that they do go from sweet little newborns to toddlers. LOL
57. I hate potty training......
58. I am a people pleaser.
59. I don't like confrontation.
60. I can't wait to be in Heaven with Jesus!
61. I had the most gnarly teeth growing up and had braces! Again, thanks Mom and Dad! :)
62. I have been pooped on by a bird three times (now I think that's like lotto odds, if only I could be so lucky at that). Guess you have to buy a ticket to win huh?
63. I have never bought a lotto ticket. (My husband buys enough for both of us! LOL)
64. I wish I was done with this post! :)
65. I love my Mom's pot roast!
66. I love to read but don't do it enough.
67. I love to listen to Gracie read (she is amazing okay gotta brag a little first grade and reading 4th grade books! ) I don't know where she gets her smarts!
68. I love keeping up with my family by reading their blogs.
69. I want to go on the Amazing Race with Mike someday!
70. I have no patience.
71. I am going to stop for the night I will start again in the morning! YAWN!
72. Okay here I go again! I love it when both my little guys are sleeping at the same time!
73. I should be folding laundry...
74. I like the Duggars! I think they are amazing for making a family with 18 children work the way they do! What great kids!
75. I'm excited for Cole's pre-school program tomorrow night. He is too! He loves to sing his pre-school songs!
76. I wish I was able to go up to visit my parents and sister more! Summer hurry up! Then I don't have anything keeping me home! :) Thanks Em for coming to visit us!
77. My family owns a winery McKinley Springs Winery up on Alderdale Rd. where I grew up! It's beautiful and you should go visit if you haven't!
78. I drove a combine growing up harvesting wheat.
79. I was bit in the knee cap by a tom cat when I was a senior in high school. My Dad was going to go out and shoot the cat and I begged them not to so instead they went and got him fixed and then he got hit by a car... yikes!
80. I loved playing out in the field in the dirt when I was a kid
81. My brother and I had a fort across the ditch bank at my Nana and Papa's house when we were growing up. We had so much fun there!
82. When my Papa told me he was shot in the stomach by an Indian with an arrow I believed him! :) I wish he was here to tell those stories to my kids.
83. Did I mention that I am very excited for school to be out for summer?
84. I hate the heat, I much prefer spring to any season!
85. I have 11 nieces and nephews!
86. I am excited to go up to the little cabin that Mike and I bought with my sister and her husband and start working on it this weekend!
87. I am afraid of the dark (unless I'm sitting inside my house).
88. I hate snakes
89. I'm getting close to being done Phew!
90. I think it's crazy that Gracie will be in 2nd grade next year and so shocked that Cole will be starting Kindergarten, how is that possible?
91. I love Mike's new job and thank God every day for it!
92. I had a cat growing up named Daphne. She died the day I got married. I guess she figured she couldn't live with out me! :)
93. I have 21 cousins on my Dad's side of the family, so there seems to be some sort of party every year, weddings, showers, graduations! Always fun!
94. Cole is in the kitchen right now eating strawberries and I think I better go check to make sure he isn't chopping them up! He thinks he is a chef!
95. Okay all clear! I planted tomatoes cucumbers and peppers this year for the first time! Topsy Turvy... They are doing great so far! Can't wait to eat them!
96. I don't have a green thumb at all and usually kill indoor plants by over watering them.
97. I love the Twilight books and can't wait for the next movie!
98. I am reading some books I borrowed from Nana right now by Lynn Austin and they are really good (sorry Nana I will get them back to you I promise!)
99. There is something about sleeping at Nana's house that I love! I think it's the sheets dried on the line!
100. Thanks for reading this, hope I didn't bore you to death! I know I'm not a very exciting person! I think you are all great! :)
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
100th Post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










9 comments:
That was not boring! I'm proud of you for doing those - 100 things is a lot! I especially like the things you wrote about Mike and the kids...it is so evident how much you love your family. :) Love you, woman! Miss ya like crazy!!
I feel like you are a million miles away too. I will be so glad when schools out so I can see my grandkids. I hate this. Also, how come you didn't put down how much you HATE bees!!!!
I love you to big sister! I wasn't bored at all! In fact I laughed at a lot of them lol. I wish Avery was doing as well as Jo was with potty training.. I thinks he's going to be 6 before she quits wetting her pants...
Oh yes 101... I Hate Bees! :)
Love you Kate!
Its fun to read about your childhood memories. (I'm still a sheep lover by the way.) I'm so happy for you & Em that you're such good friends, after all those crying times when she was little. :)
Also, you might not have scrapbooked for awhile, but you've sure done a lot of great blogging, can you turn your blog into your scrapbook?
Not boring at all, infact you inspired me to do one too. Love you lots and can't wait to see you guys soon!
Wow ~ you are a blessed blessing!
I loved reading this Katy. Not boring at all! I'm sorry it took me so long to comment about it. : )
I believed Papa, too! His scar was sooooo convincing. : )
And you are right. I love to sleep at Nana's house. Everything is so pretty, clean, and smells so good. I want to be a homemaker like her.
Miss you!
Katy, I loved your 100 things. It brought back memories of you when you were a litle girl.The comments about Papa brings tears,how I wish your children could know him,but they will have to wait 'til we all meet in heaven.Thank you for the nice comments about sleeping at my house. I've been lazy about hanging my sheets out to dry lately. I will do better from now on.I love you Katy and I love your family. I feel like you are so far away now. My biggest wish is that my entire family, kids ,grandkids and greatgrandkids ALL lived within walking distance of me. Thanks for spending time here yesterday.
Post a Comment