Monday, March 16, 2009

A little of this and a little of that!

We have had a pretty busy month so far and there were just to many things that I didn't want to get left out. So here is a little of this and a little of that! The night before Gracie's birthday Paton came to hang out with Joey and Avery while the big kids were at AWANA. They thought it would be a great idea to sit in the car seats! Just thought it was a cute picture! Sure glad I don't have to carry them around in one though! :) The next morning (Em and the girls spent the night) Em and I decided we were going to try the Barbie cake for Gracie! So our first attempt turned out great, that is until Avery and Joey (see those two innocent faces in the above picture) decided they were hungry for cake and took a big chunk out of the side! I think Ali was right when she said they have a weird connection! Attempt number two worked, and although it wasn't the most beautiful cake I had ever seen, Gracie was pretty excited about it (except that her Barbie lost two legs in the process :))
Eli got his first taste of food! I don't think he was very impressed. He was so funny trying to suck it off the spoon! It's been almost a week and he is getting a little better every night, but still prefers Mom's milk! :)

I just had to throw these in of Joey. He is such a crack up!


Cole has decided that taking toys apart fixing them and putting them back together is his favorite thing to do now! I think it's such a boy thing to do and it makes me laugh! He is so much like his Dad! :) (Don't think that toy ever got put back together, but I have a great plan for all of those Happy Meal toys now!)




6 comments:

the waud's said...

What cute children you have. I love the one of JoJo in my sunglasses :) Your cake was beautiful even if barbie lost her legs. Eli is getting so big I just love his personality what a sweet boy you have (he must get it from his older brothers)

Ali said...

Taking a chunk of cake probably just seemed like the right thing to do to those two crazy-heads. :) I had no idea you made it, I just thought you had Dawn make it...good work! I miss you tons!

The Jernigan Family said...

Cute background! What cutie pies, and trouble those two are. How much does Eli weigh now...I think it is so funny he is getting his first food and he is so big. We are still trying to convince Sage to eat mac and cheese. You guys will have to teach me the barbie cake! Love ya

Colleen said...

I love that Eli is eating the "baby slop" now! I want to see it next time I'm there! And Seth still does that "take the toy apart" deal...so get used to it! Those monkey kiddos...I love em!

Jeff Haynes said...

What AWESOME kids! It was great to see you on Sunday wish we could chat more though!

Anonymous said...

When Chris was 3, we decided that the best thing to do was to buy him toys that you COULD take apart and put back together! lol Then, at 4, Uncle Steve bought him his first Snap-On tool box and some tools...you know the rest of the story! lol Coley needs a tool box, Dad! :o)