We went camping at La Wis Wis this past weekend and had a great time with family and friends! There was a lot of bike riding, card playing, hiking, campfires and laughter! Oh a few little scares too! Mike decided that he was going to cross the river to fish on the other side. He told me he was going fishing but didn't tell me he was crossing the river. Luckily his brother Steve was down in the river looking for his glasses that fell off in the water (which after hours of endless searching were never found) and saw Mike crossing and falling under water three times as the swiftness of the river swept him off his feet! Steve came up and told us all and we went down to watch Mike try to cross back after he fished. I think it was the scariest time in my life. I really did think he was going to die! Ugh I was so mad at him... anyway, he made it back after a few LONG sticks were tossed his way and a few good friends to help out! Geesh Mike! LOL Also Cole who loves fire, (Yes a little scary, we have to watch this one closely!) fell next to the campfire the last night we were there! It was dark and I was pretty sure he didn't burn himself, just looked like he scraped his leg and arm against the grate that was laying next to the fire, but this morning he woke up and we saw a few pretty good burns on his arm. Poor guy! Oh and one more thing that happened that I thought was hilarious.... Joey was in the tent and supposed to be taking a nap, I went to check on him to find him putting on Mike's deodorant! He said "Oh hi Mom, I bewfuw like my Dad!" LOL I was cracking up and he came out and told everyone else the same thing! That kid I tell ya if he is not making me pull my hair out he is making me laugh!
Gracie was very excited to have a friend to camp with especially another girl! They were inseparable and had fun finding frogs, and even a mud puppy! Don't ask me what that is! LOL There is a picture of it above! Joey shocked us all by riding a bike! I didn't bring his because he hadn't been able to peddle it just a few days ago, but Faith got a new bike and Joey rode it more than she did! He was cruising on the Barbie Bike! That kid is hilarious! Cole and Mike made a boat that they launched today right before we left! We came home dirty, with a few bug bites and bruises, but isn't that what makes camping fun? :)
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Camping at La Wis Wis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
I commented on facebook, but I have to comment here too lol. love the pictures! Chad was cracking up when you were talking about Joey and the "bewfew" comment, because Avery uses that word all the time now too LOL. Chad says it must be nice to be a rich electrician. Throwing big parties and camping... lol. Love ya
Oh my gosh, I am cracking up at this blog...it might be your best one yet! The part about Mike does not surprise me in the least, but what a goober!! Crazy man!
Oh, and JoJo is just a bundle of laughs! He must have a little bit of Mike in him? LOL. So glad you guys had fun. Love the pics, they are so good! Miss you!
What crazy fun!! Glad everyone is ok. :) How did Eli like camping? Any advice on camping with baby? We missed you this weekend - hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment