These two trouble makers lived in the little creek! If it weren't for this we would have needed a chisel instead of just a wire brush to scrub us all clean when we got home! LOL
Gracie was a little worried about our little furry scurrying friends (can't say that I didn't feel the same way) but got over it and decided that she really liked the cabin and can't wait to go back!
Mike and I are so excited because we are buying a cabin with my sister Em and Chad. We were able to go up for the first time this weekend and spend three days in beautiful Goose Prairie! Mike and I were in awe the whole weekend thinking about how good God is to us! What a special fun beautiful place for our kids to grow up! We started making memories this weekend that I know will last a lifetime! I can't believe I didn't take more pictures this weekend, but I'm sure we will have many opportunities to take more! The kids had so much fun and Joey actually woke up this morning and said "Mom go cabin?" I'm so glad they love it as much as Mike and I do! The cabin has been in my Dad's family for many years which makes it really special to us! There is a lot of work to do, but after we got the old junk thrown out (see Em's blog to see pics of that), some good old elbow grease to clean it up a bit, trapped some mice.... trapped some more..... I'm sure there will be more, we were even able to have a lot of fun! Mike and Chad spent a lot of time working on the roof and cleaning out junk while Em and I tried to keep three babies entertained! Fishing, throwing rocks in the creek and lake where right up there on the list of favorites for the weekend! Gracie found a perfect stick to make a bow out of so here is a little video right before we left of her showing how to use it!










4 comments:
Ok, so I guess the screaming in the background wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was at the time LOL. It was so much fun, can't wait to go again. I did notice the major enthusiasm in your voice on the video as Eli is screaming in the background and we're trying to get things packed up. Poor Gus had to leave her precious bow and arrow LOL. See ya soon.
Now that is a cute little cabin, you've got there...
I am just like Gracie, and would not be able to concentrate on anything else but the mice, but I'm glad she got over it! LOL. I am so happy for you and Em and your families...like I told her - no one deserves it more than you guys. :)
So awesome!! I am so happy for you guys!! I wish you guys many, many years of fun memories up there!!
I am so jealous!!!!!! I remember as a kid being so jealous every time you guys went to Granny and Pa's cabin. Now your kids are going to be making memories like that. Hope you love it! (I'm not jealous of the mice problem, though. Me and mice don't mix. Ha Ha)
Post a Comment