Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fun filled weekend!

The Crab Pot is always so much fun! The kids love it there! Gracie had been working on a tooth for a few weeks that we were convinced would fall out that night at dinner, but it still isn't out! Just kind of hanging there, Mike has even tried to pull it out for her. Crazy tooth!
The Science Center was a hit with the kids! Eli got in a little snooze while we were looking at the dinosaurs!
Clamming was tons of fun! Everyone got in on the fun! Even Eli!
Gracie thought it was great helping Auntie Mia dig up those clams!
Fun in the pool after a hard morning of clamming!

We had a very very busy but super fun weekend! Gracie had her annual checkup with her endocrinologist (which went very well) and we decided that since we had to head over to Seattle anyway for her apt, why not make a fun weekend of it! It turned out that this was one of the few weekends a year that are open for clamming. We met Mia and Jeramy in Ocean shores and went clamming with them two days! That was so much fun (cleaning them when we got home was not)! The kids had a blast and although the wind blew and blew the first day, the second day was beautiful! The kids thought that staying at a hotel was the greatest thing! We are usually staying with family when we go anywhere, but this was a lot of fun! We took advantage of the pool at the hotel and swam most of Saturday afternoon after clamming! Gracie and Cole are now begging us to open our pool up (I think it's a little to cold to swim here still). Sunday morning after clamming we headed to Seattle where we met my cousin Megan and Ted and little Ella at the Science Center. The kids had a blast. They are the perfect age to enjoy everything there! We went the the Crab Pot for dinner that night and Cole got to eat his crab! He loves that stuff and would prefer it over candy! Sunday night we stayed at a super fancy hotel (Priceline.com) it was amazing! It really feels great when you stay in a 4 star hotel for a 2 star price! :) We got up Monday morning and headed down to Pike Place Market where the kids were totally impressed by the guys throwing the fish around! It's pretty impressive! Beautiful flowers everywhere, and tons of interesting people to watch! We then headed to Woodinville where Gracie saw her Dr. had a great apt. and then headed home! It was a great weekend getaway! So much to do in our own state!




9 comments:

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

WOW! This sounds like you guys really had a blast! We have been talking about making a trip to the beach for a while now, and I always get that longing feeling when I read about other people actually making it happen! ;) So, thanks for the motivation! :D
So tell me what an endocrinologist is? I hope Gracie is ok!

The Jernigan Family said...

We had so much fun too, but I agree, I could do without the clams. We don't even eat them, but by my dad loves them, so we said "Happy Birthday Dad" silly Mike tryng to clean them in the back cracked me up, but probably one of the funniest parts was when Mike was digging holding Eli.
Tell Gracie that she was such a big help when she helped me push and pull the gun and then grabbing the little suckers...she did so good. We had such a great time, we should make it an annual event! But I was dreaming of clams for a few days and my body surely felt it lol. Love you guys!

The Jernigan Family said...

will you email me the picture of me and gracie if you have some, or any of us in them since mine died. Thanks!!

Emma said...

Looks like a blast! Glad you guys got to take off for a few days! Cleaning clams is awesome, I don't knwo what you are complaining about lol. Kidding... See ya tomorrow maybe!

Colleen said...

Sound super fun!! And I love all your pics you put up but some are so little I can't see them. Even when I click on them they are still little. Anyway...glad you guys had fun!!

Ali said...

You forgot to put in the part about you leaving for the beach at 10:00 PM. That was a very interesting tidbit, I thought...

LOVE the pictures of the science center! I want to go there! I am so glad you guys got to spend the weekend doing fun things together...the kids will remember that forever!

Mama Mimi (Dana) said...

I especially love the new big picture on the top. You are all so beautiful. Love you all.

Becky Avella said...

I agree with Aunt Dana. I LOVE that picture on your blog header! I'm jealous of all the fun you guys had. : )

Love you!
Becky

Judawn said...

What great pictures! And it looks like you all had a wonderful time ~ what a blessing for you all!!! Your kids are so sweet, I love being able to see pictures of you all. And your new family pic is so cute.